Orchard View Transportation Department
The Orchard View Transportation office is located in the Administration Office at
35 S. Sheridan Drive, Muskegon, MI 49442
Transportation Director Kim Bidwell 231.760.1330
Administrative Assistant Deanna Tottingham 231.760.1330
ORCHARD VIEW TRANSPORTATION IMPORTANT UPDATED INFORMATION
AT THIS TIME, MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RIDE THE BUS, WHETHER VACCINATED OR UNVACCINATED. This requirement will be re-evaluated sometime in September; any updates will be published on this page and sent out in newsletters from your child's school buildings.
Students eligible for busing are allowed one designated pick up/drop off location only. This arrangement must be on a regularly scheduled Monday-Friday basis. Students must board and exit the bus at their assigned bus stop only. If your student(s) will need transportation to or from a daycare provider or location other than home, please complete the alternate pick up/drop off location on the transportation registration form.
Bus stop locations and routes are reviewed each year. This means that bus stop locations and bus routes may be changed to become more efficient and fiscally responsible. Bus stop locations are established in accordance with State and Federal laws, school board policies, guidelines and best practices. Bus routes will be posted at all school buildings and on the district's website approximately one week prior to the start of school. Parents of special needs students will be contacted by the school bus driver prior to the start of school with pick up and drop off times.
- Make sure your child arrives at the correct bus stop at least ten minutes prior to bus arrival time and are ready to board the bus. (NOT waiting in a vehicle or doorway of a house)
- Provide your child with a face covering for the ride to and from school and while at the bus stop.
- Provide necessary protection for your child when going to and from the bus stop and while at the bus stop.
- Accept responsibility for proper conduct of your child while at the bus stop and on the bus.
- Make sure students are dressed appropriately for the weather while waiting at the bus stop.
The district does not issue passes to students allowing them to ride a bus other than the one currently scheduled. This is for the safety of our riders and will ensure each student has a seat on his/her scheduled bus.
If you have questions, the Transportation Department can be reached at 231-760-1330.
Director of Transportation